16 July, 2010

A New Direction for Men: Spring 2011

Due to my lack of posting on a regular schedule i have fallen drastically behind in my menswear coverage of the runways shows. So fast in fact that menswear spring 2011 has already come and gone. To keep it current along with my fellow fashion bloggers ( we're a breed of our own), i have decided to start my reviews of the spring 2011 season, leaving what was unspoken of the fall 2010 season behind me. Look forward to my coverage of spring 2011; who knows, maybe you can even pull a similar ensemble together for this summer and be head of the crowd. Thank you for reading.
COMME DES GARCONS spring/summer 2011:
Rei Kawakubo spring 2011 for CDG created a lovely collection suited for the not-so-average business man. All black and white, Checkered and Skull prints, this collection of thin suits, romper-esque shorts, skirts (i'm dying), was a success for the Rei; however; the question is raised if the skull prints on nearly everything was in some way paying homage to the late McQueen, who iconic symbol was the skull. Either way Rei Kawakubo always impresses me the cuts and shapes she produces for both her men's and women's line. Job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment